Remember the playroom reno?

I'll admit it.  I've been a tad bit distracted with all this summer weather.

I may have proclaimed things like, "The world is our playroom!", "who need a playroom when you've got mother nature" and "We'd be wise to do the backyard first!" and then it rains (or is +30), and I'm all, "Where the #%@$ is my @#$%ing playroom!" 

So, rain or shine, this week it's back on the agenda.

The playroom is slowly but surely coming together.  Electrical has been put in, drywall is up, mudded and sanded, and we are prepping to paint ALL the things starting with the exposed ceiling.

The way it works around here is that I will come up with an idea (ex. paint the exposed basement ceiling) and Ryan will be left to figure out the details (ex. how to go about painting the exposed basement ceiling)...which he hates doing.  So, he procrastinates until the cows come home.  Which is never.  We don't have cows.  But I mean, how hard could it be?  It's been done many, many times, and it seems pretty straight forward, right?

Recently, my sister was visiting so we dumped the kids on her let her have some quality time with the kiddos, while we got the ball rolling on painting the ceiling by taping off an area for Ry to "practice" with the paint sprayer.  We are using a compressed air sprayer, which there are minus none tutorials for, so I'm preeeetty sure we are starting off on the wrong foot, but once that area is done we will put all the junk that's in the other corner, and spray that area and then we are one step closer to a finished-ish space. I'm optimistically hoping that the ceiling will be done by next weekend.(I can hear you laughing from here. Stop it.)

For the floor we keep waffling between putting laminate, vinyl tile, or just painting the concrete.  Since we are renting, we really don't want to invest too much money, but I want it to feel welcoming enough that we will actually want to go down there and hang out. I'm still torn on what we should do.  Any thoughts?

Either way, we will need some soft spots to land.  Emily Henderson recently had a great post about mixing rugs in the same room that has given me some great inspiration. 

Here are some contenders.



one/two/three/four
five/six/seven/eight
nine/ten/eleven/twelve
thirteen/fourteen/fifteen/sixteen

I'm thinking we will need at least two rugs, maybe three.  But first we need to figure out this whole paint sprayer situation. #wishusluck