five New Year's resolutions for 2014


I'm not normally very big on New Year's resolutions. If prompted, I've been known to spew out something random and cliché like "lose weight" or "eat better" or "drink less" but I've never really felt like January was a new beginning, or a fresh start. I was more of a back-to-school resolution kinda gal (even though I haven't been back-to-school in over 10 years, yikes!).

For some reason, this year feels different. I must really be growing up.  I've come up with five resolutions that I'm hoping to stick to this year, and I only have a mild sense that I need a trip to Staples for new school office supplies to get the ball rolling. 

So, here they are folks, in no particular order:

1.  BE positive.
...with myself, my husband and my kids. I need to remember that I have a kick ass family and there is no room in our lives for a negative Nelly. 
2. STOP caring about what other people think. 
This is a big one, and something a lot of us struggle with. This year, I'm going to do my own thing. Haters gonna hate, you know? Most people couldn't care less about what I'm up to anyway. I need to remember this!
3. FOCUS on the things that I'm passionate about. 
I'm hoping this blog will help keep me accountable and provide me with a creative outlet where I can share my passions with like minded peeps. Because no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to keep my husband's focus when I start to go on (…and on) about the latest buzz on Pinterest.
4. TAKE more chances with our home decor.
I need to stop being so afraid of making a mistake that I end up doing nothing at all. I need to trust my gut and remember, nothing is permanent, it can always be fixed. Paint is just paint, and things are just things. It`s supposed to be fun!
5. QUIT being such a scaredy cat and get my driver's licence. 
Yes, that's right. I'm a mother of two with no licence. It's been super inconvenient lately. This is a must!



Bring it on 2014, I'm ready for ya!



Have you made any resolutions this year?

Labels: