This is Halloween

I'm not going to say Halloween is my jam, because really, it's not. I don't like spooky, gore, or candy corn. I do, however, like to dress up, and thankfully, the rest of the fam is on board with my insistence on a family group costume every year (so far) for the ol' Trick or Treat. 

Last year, Jonas was only a few months old and I didn't think I had it in me (Hence the store bought Paw Patrol costumes), but in true Terianne fashion, I changed my mind at the last minute and threw together the wizard of oz.

Skye, Chase and Chickaletta. Paw Patrol is on a roll.
Paw Patrol

Family Costume 2015. The Wizard of Oz. Wicked witch, Tin Man, Lion, Scarecrow and of course, Dorothy.
The wizard of oz
Thankfully, we had two events to go to so the costumes didn't go to waste, and also, the kids dress up as Sky and Chase about 45 times per week so it's all good. 

2014 was the year of Frozen for us (and the rest of the world, amiright?) so there was no debate on this one. I also made the kids wear their costumes to Lilah's Frozen Fourth birthday party a few days later. #twoforone 

Family Costume 2014. Frozen, Of Course! Kristoff, Olaf, Elsa and Anna.
Frozen
2013 was our first foray into the group family costume spurred on mainly from these bear hat's I found at Dollarama. We all just wore regular clothes, but it was the start to our Halloween tradition and I'm going to go with it as long as the kiddos will be willing participants. #familycostumesforlife

Family Costume 2014. Goldilocks and the three bears.
Goldilocks and the three bears
As I was looking through our photos I found these gems from the days of the couple costume just to prove how cool we were even before kids. 

*note: Anyone know how to Photoshop out that spooky string?

Couples Costume. Kenny and Dolly for the win!
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

Our first Couple Costume. Airline Pilot and Flight Attendant
Airline pilot and flight attendant
Now, to work on our costume for this year...It's going to be a good one. Happy Halloween(prep) folks!